Friday, May 1, 2009

How to break the blues cycle..... my 2 cents

ok, so I have been pretty glum lately (at least I hope mostly inwardly! LOL) and have been trying to find my way out of it.....I love reading books, but never seem to find the time, so when I substitute I take all kinds of books with me I haven't had time to read but really wanted to!

One I read lately was 'momma get the hammer, there's a fly on papa's head" http://www.amazon.com/Mama-Hammer-Theres-Papas-Head/dp/0849934176/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1241184967&sr=8-1 now, I am a firm believer in take what you need, discard the rest. There are things in there that don't pertain to me or my situation, but she has a lot of amazing things in there that do! She has written many books, and maybe another one would suit someone better. These are bible based books, so that is one reason i like them so much.

But I took many things out of her book and put them into a word document , each saying on a seperate page, and then hung them up around the house! I ended up with 19 sayings (I could have done more, and I am sure I will!) I printed them twice so I would have more, and I put them EVERYWHERE! LOL I put 4 on each bedroom and bathroom door, 2 on the pantry doors, 2 on some of the kitchen cabinets, I mean, everywhere I look I am confronted by these sayings!

I am going to post the ones I used below so you can use them if you like..... maybe research your own, find a book you like and pull some quotes out that speak to you! It is a small step, but after a while you get brainwashed! baby steps.....


NO
WHINING
ALLOWED

KNOW
YOUR
LIMITS

I HAVE
MET
THE ENEMY
AND
SHE IS
ME!

LOVE MAKES THE
WORLD GO ROUND
BUT LAUGHTER
KEEPS YOU FROM
GETTING DIZZY

THE SHORTEST
DISTANCE
BETWEEN 2 PEOPLE
IS
A
SMILE! :)

WE DON'T LAUGH
BECAUSE WE'RE HAPPY,
WE'RE HAPPY
BECAUSE WE
LAUGH!

ANY DAY
ABOVE
GROUND
IS A GOOD
ONE!

A SMILE IS THE
LIGHT IN THE WINDOW OF YOUR
FACE THAT TELLS
PEOPLE YOU'RE
AT HOME

SILENCE IS
DARNED HARD
TO COME BY
WHEN YOU HAVE
KIDS......

PROVERBS 15:15
WHEN A WOMAN IS GLOOMY,
EVERYTHING SEEMS TO GO WRONG;
WHEN SHE IS CHEERFUL
EVERYTHING SEEMS TO GO RIGHT.

GRIPING
NOT
TOLERATED

COME DOWN
OFF THAT CROSS!!!
WE NEED
THE WOOD!

GOD WILL NEVER
LEAD YOU
WHERE HIS
STRENGTH
CANNOT
KEEP YOU

ISIAH 49:16
SEE! I WILL NOT FORGET YOU!
I HAVE CARVED YOU
ON THE PALM
OF MY HAND!

WHEN YOU ARE
IN A JAM,
GOOD FRIENDS
WILL BRING YOU BREAD
WITH PEANUT BUTTER ON IT!

WHEN LIFE BRINGS
TOO MUCH
PRESSURE,
TEARS ARE THE
SAFETY VALVES
OF THE
HEART

HE WASHES
OUR EYES
WITH TEARS
THAT
WE MIGHT SEE!

YOU EARN
RESPECT
BY HOW YOU LIVE
NOT BY
WHAT
YOU DEMAND!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I hope this helps make your day a little easier. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I know it made me smile when I walked into the house this afternoon! Anything to make me smile is a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete