Friday, February 5, 2010

So, my kids decided to be picky eaters....

Not picky per se, but I think I am in a rut with my cooking, and I needed a bit of input. So, I asked my oldest to sit down with me and think of all the things she loved that I cooked. It was a hard thing, but finally pulled a lot of ideas out of her:
pizza
spaghetti (with meatballs too!)
lasagna
chicken casserole
clam chowder
corn chowder
chili
biscuit wrapped hot dogs (she called them "pig in a blanket")
cheeseburgers homemade
pub fries
pizza pockets (a new addition)
waffles
pancakes
sausage links
green beans
salad
broccoli/carrots (raw)
fruit
whipped yogurt
chicken breasts (no bones chicken as well)
baked chicken (but no bones! LOL)
meatballs
fried chicken
chicken fingers
hard boiled eggs
Fried Egg sandwiches
egg salad sandwiches
deviled eggs
mashed potatoes (with brown gravy)
biscuits (with white gravy)

You get the idea. LOL

So, I took the list and went out to shop tonight. I got a lot of things on the list (some with things in mind for the superbowl "party" we are having with ourselves and hubby's cousin) and the kids are too excited! So, tonight we ended up with meatball sandwiches (bought buns for the cheeseburgers, but used some for tonight, and a bit of frozen spaghetti sauce I had!) and some veggies. They was soooo excited! They wanted that, cheeseburgers and pigs in a blanket all tonight! LOL

So..... Here's the menu for a while...

Chicken casserole
green beans with bacon and brown sugar
red potatoes with butter and rosemary

tacos/quesadillas
veggies/dip

pigs in a blanket
potato salad
deviled eggs

ham spread sandwiches (with swiss for those who are adventurous)
rice with butter salt and garlic
cooked broccoli

breaded and baked chicken breasts (possibly as fingers)
mashed potatoes
green beans/peas

Teriaki chicken
rice
Broccoli

spaghetti and meatballs
spaghetti squash for me and hubby
salad (possibly homemade caesar)
homemade bread

Cheeseburgers
Pub fries
veggies



Superbowl food
potato salad (red potatoes, hidden valley ranch, chives)
deviled eggs
ham spread on crackers
nacho dip
wings from walmart (for hubby!)
smokies in sauce
veggies/dip
fruit
pizza pockets
Homemade bread

No comments:

Post a Comment