Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feb 12, 2009 Day one of This!

Ok, so I decided that I have so many wonderful tips and tricks about saving money and cooking and other things that I would love to share with many other people that I would just start blogging about them! I decided to post wonderful links to other money saving sites (some you do have to pay for, but they are just wonderful) and others you don't. I will tell you daily something how I saved that day, or about a favorite trick/tip. We have lived on a single income since my oldest child was 11 months old. She will be 13 next month! I am JUST NOW going "back to work"

Yes, I tried "working" off and on during that time, but with 3 kids 2 years apart, daycare would have been to expensive, and we decided to homeschool. Up until last year we did. In Sept 2007 we started them in Public School. It hasn't always been easy, but somethings have been great. I wouldn't change the homeschool experience for anything, as well as the public school experience. I think they both have their pluses and minuses! More on that another time. LOL

For today I will tell you that my "chosen" profession for the moment will be as a substitute for the public school system in our county. I have signed up for the 2 schools my 3 girls go to because they have been BEGGING me to do this, and I will. It brings in extra pay, and I think getting out of the house will be a good thing for me! Sometimes MOM just needs that!

Mom, take advantage of any opportunity handed to you to do something with PEOPLE! I got an automated call from "My church" last night (we haven't been to service in over a year! :( I know, bad) but it was about a "ladies night" pj party, $5 per person and they just ask that you bring something to help out one of their ministries (very cheap). So, I am going to call 2 of my friends today and ask them to come with me because I am a big chicken and then we will all go. Even though we are tight tight tight with money this month, I can handle $5. As far as what they are asking for their ministry, I will look through my coupons and they will get what I can get dirt cheap. (more on that another time!)

But as for now, I need to get myself ready for my day, get my list organized and ready to clean. I think (and pray!) my week will be busy next week with subbing so I want to be able to start with a clean house/full menu/all clothes clean- you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny welcome to the blogosphere! :) Looking forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete