Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tues Feb 17, 2009 Coupons, coupons Coupons!!!!

Ok, ok, I am a reformed coupon hater! I thought coupons were no good, only for the "name brand" stuff and that was always too expensive anyway so that's why they were making coupons for them, to make them the price I would pay for them! Well! Let me tell you! I was told about a site while talking in a chat room called http://www.grocerygame.com/ and the founder is a genius! I saw my mom clip coupons when I was a kid, and saw her save $20 or so every week, but what I save is way way more than that! and I would have never known it had I not found that website!

Now, from the get-go I want you to know, this is NOT an advertisment for this site! I just want you to know about a TOOL I used to learn how to do something. Will I make anything if you join? Nope! Is it a TOOL for YOU to learn how to use coupons correctly? YEP. there are a couple ways you can do it. I think there is still a downloadable book that you can get to show you how to do it if there are no "list stores" in your area, or you can join for $1 for the first month, then a nominal fee there after until you decide to cancel.

What I learned: We are a family of 5, so I need to stock up....buy 4 newspapers on monday when they are $1 instead of $1.50 so I can get 4 of every coupon. That will usually do us to stock up for a while.

Sometimes I can get things for free, or nearly free even though they are name brand! Sometimes name brand IS better! It lasts longer, tastes better, or is generally a better value!

Know which stores double coupons in your area- those are the stores to hit most often! they will be the biggest bang for your buck! I have saved 50%+ at these stores! Imagine going in and having $300 worth of stuff and paying $150 for it! amazing! and that is just ONE store, ONE week! Now, I am not saying to spend that much money if you don't have it! trust me, I understand, but spend your "extra" money wisely by using coupons, matching them up to good ads, and saving them until you find a really sweet deal!

Get out of your comfort zone, try new brands and flavors, and you just might be surprised! Oh my kids just love it when I "grocery game" because that's when they get the "fun stuff" for their lunches, like fruit by the foot, etc. lol

Take a second look at coupons, you just might be pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment