Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hey everyone! Let's get hyped up about spending some of that $14billion I heard yesterday will be spent on this "holiday"!!!! woooohoooo! Let's just go into debt over a dozen long stem roses that will die! YES!!!!! Let's take our Honey out to eat so we can spend too much and wait too long for food that we could have made better at home, and a lot cheaper! Come on people! we are TOOOOO smart for that! We are tooooooo inventive for that! Let's get out our thinking caps and make this holiday a GREAT one for little money!!!!!

Ok, so maybe there is an ulterior motive being that we are tight tight with money this year, but hey, we are survivors and we will make this one a year to remember and it will be worth it! This is what we are going to do:

1. I have already gotten the Cornish Game Hens ($5 each at aldi) out of the freezer for dinner tonight (5 of them, one for each of us, I bought a long time ago to celebrate when we got the final word we were moving, but it never came- this is a good time to celebrate in my estimation!).

2. we will also have: Broccoli (frozen, 1 bag .79 at aldi) with butter and parmesan cheese (add another .50), baked potatoes ($1/5 lbs, so way less than that) with butter salt and pepper (maybe shredded cheddar and sour cream if I go shopping today- but that's another post)

3. We will serve on the good dishes, with the good silverware Honey got for his years of service at work, on a new table cloth I got at linens and things going out of business (think I paid $5 for a linen table cloth!)and of course cloth napkins - we don't use paper napkins here, too expensive, not the best for the environment.

4. The big deal will be getting the dining room clean- we have been so busy the last 2 months getting the house ready for sale/move- that didn't go through- that we have stuff in there that needs to be decluttered, it will be dealt with today.

5. I have some cheap cake mix (.50/box?) so I will make a 9X13 and dust it with powdered sugar (how we love to eat it!) for dessert.

6. I may have Honey and kiddos go to the movie place and rent us a couple $1 movies and put it on the big screen in the family room.

7. I will have all of us sit around the table today and make cards for eachother to be passed out after dinner- even Honey will have to do this! LOL Makes us all appreciate eachother a little more.

We will also make time to take a walk today, play outside with the kids, and generally have fun. Fun for me is cooking, so I may just do that, but I right now have as many windows open in the house as I can and it is fabulous! all beds are made, we have had some breakfast and we are getting ready for a great day! How about you? How can you make this cheap and fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment