Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quick easy dinner for tonight

Since I haven't posted a menu for the week (still sick here!) I figured out dinner and will post the recipe here:

1 lb ground beef (could use ground turkey, prefer ground turkey- cheaper, healthier)
1 16 oz bag frozen broccoli
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz pkg ff cream cheese
1 pkg crescent rolls or canned biscuits (or homemade)

Empty bag of broccoli into microwave safe bowl, cook for 5 min. while cooking brown ground meat. Stir broccoli, cook 5 more minutes. Finish browning meat and drain. Add to the meat the soup and cream cheese, allow cheese to melt and all things mix together.

Empty broccoli into the bottom of a 9X13. If it doesn't look like enough for your family, do another bag! There is no right or wrong when it comes to broccoli! top with meat mixture. Roll crescent rolls, or place biscuits on top of mixture, sides touching, bake until bread is browned and cooked through according to package directions. YUMMMMMMM

***I can never make things the same way twice I swear! LOL I use what is on hand sometimes! Thought I had more broccoli than I did, so I used 2 bags of the "stir fry mix" I got from Angel Food Ministries this month- cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onions and red peppers. so I cooked those in the microwave until done, then picked out the red peppers....we like the flavor, not biting into them! LOL Once I put it in the 9X13 it was too much, my bigger casserole it was too little, so I added the spot of broccoli I had (about 2 cups cooked). I also used 2 lbs ground meat (1 lbs beef, 1 lbs turkey), and an extra can of soup. I used 3 of the small cans of crescent rolls (4 to a pkg). This will be enough for tonight and lunches for me and dh (and possibly kids too!). Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment