Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting kids moving in the morning

Ok, maybe this is just a problem for me, but some mornings I need dynamite just to get my kids out of bed, then it is like pulling teeth to get them to get ready, and out the door! Running to the bus is no fun! Taking them to school because they weren't ready is even more NOT fun! :) I was tired of the run around yesterday so I said ENOUGH! I made a morning schedule, and consequences. They have a certain time to accomplish certain things, and if they don't, they will have to pull from the "chore jar" when they get home one time for every thing they didn't accomplish. so, if they miss 2 goals, they pull 2 chores!

Today NO ONE will be doing chores today after school! As a reward for getting done so quickly, they got computer time, and got to watch tv before school! ahhhhhhhh it was soooo peaceful this morning! :) Even my 13 yr old who said she wasn't going to follow the schedule because "I always get everything done before school anyway" did it! :) I am so proud! The girls got to help me make muffins for breakfast, and middle daughter even asked how fast it took her, I told her 30 min and she said "Hmmm I wonder if I can beat that time tomorrow"!!! LOL :) Makes a momma happy to hear that!

So, I here's our schedule, you are welcome to adapt it to your family and times, and also the chores I came up with to put in the jar. Not big chores, but ones that I don't normally get to often enough, or just plain gross ones I know they don't want to do (scrub the toilet! lol) !

Morning Routine Schedule

5:30 Wakeup

5:45 Be out of bed, bed made

6:00 Be dressed to shoes, hair brushed

6:15 Have lunch made and in your back pack

6:30 Be finished with breakfast, dishes in dw or sink, teeth brushed

6:40 Leighann out the door, on bus

6:50 hannah and Paige out the door, on the bus

Scrub the toilet

Wipe down kitchen cupboards

Sweep all rooms

Vacuum all rugs

Clean coffee table completely

Clean out couch cushions

Dust pictures

Sweep front porch/doorway

Straighten back driveway

Wipe down bathroom cupboards

Wipe down all doors

Wipe down all light switches

Straighten bookshelves in family room

Wash kitchen fridge out

Wash laundry room fridge out

Check floor for gunk and get up

Dust all walls with dust mop

No comments:

Post a Comment