Friday, April 9, 2010

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12th

May 12th is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!!

Between now and May 12th many of us will be stepping up our efforts to sharing videos, pictures, stories and information. One of the greatest ways to spread awareness is to share all of this with as many people as we can. The internet is one of the fastest and greatest ways to do just that. So when someone passes something along to you here on facebook, click "share" and post it to your profile...and be sure to share it with the group too. Each time you share something remember to say "Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is May 12th so help spread the word!

Many people live with Fibromyalgia, Lupus and other debilitating illnesses. I am adding a link to the "spoon theory" written my Christine Miserandino to help spread understanding about what a "day in the life" is like. Some days are better than others- some days I have more spoons than others- but when it's bad I may start out with just 2 or 3 spoons for the day!

Please feel free to pass on spoon theory to those in your family, your friends, or acquaintances who know someone going through medical issues- or may be themselves- so that you signal to them you understand some of what is going on.

Many doctors want to say fibro is "all in your head" but trust me when I say, it isn't! Please don't ever tell anyone who is hurting "well if you just keep going, you can work through it". No, they really can't. Belive me. When I over work (to get the house ready for a party, leaving for vacation, ready for my surgery), I can sleep for 3 days straight after. Yeah, I can keep going that day, but I pay for it after.

Ok, my 2 cents about it tonight! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment