Friday, April 23, 2010

Menu week of April 26th 2010

Since I will be out of commission with my eye surgery, I really want to get things straightened out and ready better than I did last time..... so I have entered all my recipes in the spark recipe calculator, printed them out, and will be shopping today or tomorrow and cooking these 5 meals this weekend. I took them from the Once A Month Cooking book, a family favorite, and one from recipezaar.com . So, here's a list of the recipes I will be making, and you can all find them in my cookbook.... Jennywren93's cookbook.... in the sparkrecipes section. All of these are freezer meals, so this may be a good way to get your menus on track. You don't have to cook them all at once, but maybe cook an extra meal every night for a week - or every other day- and your freezer will be overflowing with less work for you soon! :) Linked the title to my sparkpeople cookbook. If it doesn't work, let me know and I will post all the recipes...

1. OMAC Spaghetti Pie- 373.6 cals/serving
Additional recipes used- Sweet Italian Sausage, Basic Spaghetti Sauce

2. Bird's Nest Pie- 429 cals (think this can be cut down by smaller servings, not sure how many servings it will make yet....)
Additional recipes used- Sweet Italian Sausage

3. chicken Tetrazzini- 317 cals/serving
Additional Recipes used- Cream of soup with Variations recipe

4. Jennywren93's Famous Chicken Casserole- 263 cals/serving
Additional recipes used- Cream of soup with variations

5.OMAC Oriental Chicken- 121.4 cals (this does not include brown rice-can add stir fry veggies or steamed veggies to go with this)


Yes, I do make a lot of things from scratch. I find it is cheaper and healthier that way. If you want convenience-I have no problem with using jarred spaghetti sauce, premade sausage and cream of soup.... this is just a choice I have made.


Edit Blog Entry Delete Blog Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment