Thursday, April 29, 2010

update on cataract surgery

Well, it went pretty good on monday! :) tuesday I went back for my check up, and it was good then too.

Dh is a computer geek at work, and last week mcafee had an issue that about tanked all their computers at his 2 plants here in TN. TG he had his boss to help him, and an "imager" to help him recover the 20+ computers that got hit by "not a virus" virus. Well, they also have a plant in Augusta, Ky. The one plant is about as big as the 2 plants here, and only ONE guy works there! Well, that plant got hit as well. about DOUBLE the amount of computers got hit, and he DOESN'T have an imager- so he is about 1/2 way done doing what dh was almost done doing on tuesday.

I tell you this to tell you THIS.....Tuesday he was going to take me to work for a "check in" before he took me home (I'm taking up too much of his time with all this computer stuff going on), but I "whined" enough and he took me home. Good thing. By the time he got to work his boss informed him he was heading to Augusta, Ky for the rest of the week! :) So, I've been on my own since tuesday! Luckily my eye is doing SO MUCH better than last time, and my vision is SO MUCH clearer.

I have noticed I am allergic to these eye drops as well (he changed me this time)- which I had a suspicion I would be, because in my charts I'm "allergic to zithromax" and this is in the same family. The pharmacist warned me, but we decided my initial reaction was so small as to not worry, and try and see what happens. Well, I told the dr today that every time I put them in my eye itches "pretty good" and the only thing that helps somewhat is putting in the other drops. :( He said "I'm worried about your allergies" LOL "you must have a lot of serious ones" uh, yeah... told him "I just try really hard not to get sick". lol So, he dropped me down to 1x per day, and said I can stop them at the beginning of next week! yay! Unless of course it gets worse. considering I'm having these itching issues WITH Zyrtec 24 hr every day.... LOL But other than that my eyes are healing really well! I can now drive without those pricey prescription glasses I got about a month ago! I had to go out and buy new $1 glasses since dd14 took off with all my old ones and lost them to the ocean when we were on vacation! LOL

So, DH is home tomorrow night.. need to get kids moving on cleaning on the house since we are having company saturday some time......

No comments:

Post a Comment